Saturday, February 12, 2005

Autobiography List

(This was a free write done in class very soon after Chloe's funeral)



The ancient house with six generations and I am one of the last. My 2 sisters whose youth I envied at a young age as my back went out at 12. My mother who baked chocolate chip cookies for my girl scout troupe that at met across the street as we screamed, played tag and harassed the old people who lived on my block. My dad who was often at work and never played with us. The three lazy boyz he sat in. The constant fixing of the ancient wood, brick and paint. The glassy, shiny and cold "new" products for the house. The fridge, wishing machine, and stereo. My dog. That everyone loved and loved to hate until I left for college and missed her shedding blonde hair so much it hurt. Her warm brown eyes that always trusted. My brown eyes. My sisters' brown eyes. My dad's brown eyes. My mother's emerald eyes. My dad's cancer. A tear as he holds his towel to his face as he washes my car with me. The first time I've seen him cry. My mother who cries everytime I leave for school. The cancer, as I see it, invaded my father like battleships in space. My cousin who deals with more death than anyone could handle. Ten years apart. Suicide. Car wreck. Suicide. Car wreck. Watching him cry. Watching myself say bye to Chloe. The ice on my hands as I touched her face. Was that a snowflake? The theatre where I learned to cry and the hating of crying as the doves flew to meet God with Chloe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pisces75 said...

That is truly beautiful. It touched my heart.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home