Thursday, March 31, 2005

Comedy Show

I am in joyful pain
sharp teeth brush my flesh but do not
puncture
again and again i reach to my sister
my n early perfect twin

Our appendages touch and embrace
as we wait for the next punch line
thank goodness it wasn't that funny.

i am now in a jungle of hair
dancing with the few strands who come
to join me.
i spin each around and around
until i cannot remember their names
finally, i decend to the table

My sister is busy
hugging a glass of upland
wheat ale
Theya re in a passionate embrace.
Sweat transferring.
Tears flowing.

WE again meet and the pleasurable pain returns
as we send our appreciation
to the comedian 3 feet away

*

I'm trapped
under cheap plywood and ugly veneer.
Suffocating myself with my sister.

The bruise from where i fell down keeps
me company
The cut from shving keeps my sister
from isolation

I hear distand laughter
I am hit and stuck in stale gum
Again i retreat
A bit sticker, but not in pain.

I jump to keep warm
The punch lines are muffled
as though he speaks through a telephone
with a handkerchief over the reciever
and hotdogs in his mouth.

Can we leave yet?
I suffocate my sister
we switch to keep each other happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home