Thursday, March 31, 2005

"town writing" free write

this was an in-cass assignment where we were all given descriptive quips about a character in one town and had to write about them.


When i was 18, my best friend was the star quarterback. I was head cheerleader but quit after 3 seasons. Bill's girlfriend of four years, her name was sara, was a friend of mine too. Swimming star. She liked me well enough, but i always saw the looks she'd give Bill as i spoke with him before french. I hated relationships but kept that to myself. I"m a free spirit. A lost 60s child in a world of match dot com and finding true love. "you're nobody till somebody loves you."

So instead i kept friends. Male friends, female friends, 'couple friends', which of course were most prominent. They'd keep away from me seperately. Bill doesn't come over to watch terminator 2 with me unless sara comes. and then it isn't as fun, because sara doesn't like guns. Or accents.

When i returned home after college, it seemed people didn't grow up. their jealousy and lack of trust kept me from close friendships. Jack and i could watch football on sunday, but it had to be at a bar where the eyes of Kristin's friends could lock onto the activity and quickly report back with any unacceptable warning signs. i've often wondered if i should just be with a man so i can have friendships.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home