Saturday, April 23, 2005

Spring Break Poems

I wrote a poem a day during spring break. They aren't the best, but they make me laugh. :)


Sunday, March 13

We were awake at 5.30 and out the door by 6
Our drivers fell asleep at 9.30 the night before and woke up at 4.30
That was the time I fell asleep. 4.30.
In Alabama there was a Chinese buffet billboard.
It had a baby on it.
Do they serve babies?!?
I fell asleep 3 times.
The AC was broken.
I went deaf in my right ear as we flew 80mph down the interstate
To board the cruise.


Monday, March 14

We are on board waiting for our LifeBoat Drill
And free liquor tastings
The sky is overcast and my foot
Was slammed in the health club door
A freaking giant step and heavy door.
Now I have two ankles on one foot.
I wait for my luggage; everyone has theirs.
I am certainly not the angel of good luck on this trip already
And already I want to throw two friends overboard.
Mimic-y, loud, obnoxious, lemming, and rat.
But I really love them.
I do.



Tuesday, March 15 (Belarus)

There is a bartender who always happens to find the 7 of us.
His name is Kirill and his“Russian is perfect, but my English…not so much.” He graduated from the Russian military
And also has an engineering degree.
This is his second cruise.
He smiles often and his eyes are as clear as the water the boat churns through
I wonder if his bald head burns.
Lindsy says he is my soul mate, but retracts the comment
When I had to ask her his name.


Wednesday, March 15

Carlos & Charley’s encompassed every typical college
Spring break scenarios possible.
Yard long margaritas, beers, and rum & cokes. (capitan!)
You must drink Dos Equis in Mexico. Apparently.
Spanking
Ass grabing
Dancing
Drinking
Screaming
Hot boys
Gorgeous girls (yeah, ladies!)
Blue ocean
Sun burns
Oy!
Do you know that swimming in the ocean drunk is not the smartest idea?

Thursday, March 16

John Scrafano was on an infomercial today. He was an RA in Forest my freshman year.I had a very bad, very sexy, very disturbing dream with him in it once.
Crazed madness.
Linsdy knows him too. We yelled at the television.
The backs of my legs are charred from reading on my stomach on the beach
I cannot extend my legs because the backs of my knees are almost in blisters
We frolicked in the ocean. the seaweed bit us and left marks and rashes
We stayed in a restaurant for 3 hours drinking yards of booze.
We went back to the ocean.
Mark & I Look Like Lobsters.
Cozumel, here we come

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home